Center for Energy Harvesting Materials and Systems (CEHMS)
CEHMS center members specialize in materials, structural dynamics, electronics and storage covering micro-scale to macro-scale systems.
CEHMS consortiums accomplishes excellence in energy harvesting research by:
- Conducting industry-driven projects with an objective of transitioning the laboratory prototypes into commercial products
- Developing state-of-the laboratories across the multiple partner institutions with access to most relevant equipment’s
- Bringing national and international expertise together to address challenges from materials level to system design
- Hiring a talented pool of undergraduate and graduate students, post docs, and technical staff.
CEHMS is an education consortium and applied research center consisting of:
- Three major research universities
- Over a dozen member organizations from economic sectors in the commercial, military and government areas
- The National Science Foundation (NSF I/UCRC)
August 2014 Colloquium on Advances in Energy Harvesting/IAB meeting information
Registration website http://www.cpe.vt.edu/ehw/registration.html